This three day seminar is designed to show pilots all the aspects of the ATPL/IATRA license. The curriculum is complete and provides a solid foundation on regulations, advanced aircraft systems, meteorology and Air Carrier procedures. It is not only intended to help students prepare for the ATPL SAMRA and SARON exams, but provide pilots with the knowledge framework air carrier’s expect of today’s ATPL/IATRA pilot. We regularly canvass the air carriers to ensure our material is on the mark. This course is also recommended as a refresher to pilots wishing to upgrade their skills. TheAeroCourse ATPL workbook is required for the seminar- see the other option available- ATPL course which includes the ATPL workbook to purchase with the seminar.
To compliment the AeroCourse ATPL Ground School Seminar and provide enhanced learning to participants, we have included two new self-study online courses:
- CRM (Crew Resource Management) online course: a communications course that assists an individual to achieve the highest possible level of safety and efficiency whether operating alone or in a multi-crew environment.
- CFIT (Controlled Flight Into Terrain) online course: provides a comprehensive look at resources and strategies involved in avoiding and preventing CFIT accidents.
These two separate online courses further enhance a pilot’s safety, performance and professionalism.
Both online courses can be completed at your own pace within the activation time-frame and are not necessary to be completed prior to the seminar. Each online lesson is able to be reviewed a total of two (2) times. You will have 120 days to complete all the lessons from receipt of the activation code. One (1) Activation code will be emailed upon registration of the ATPL Ground School Seminar giving the student access to both online courses.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday 0900 to 1730
Cost $595.00 includes the Online Crew Resource Management course and Online CFIT course
ATPL Groundschool Study Manual included in price.
The AeroCourse ATPL workbook (5th edition) is a requirement for the course. Please click here to order the ATPL workbook with the ATPL Course
Other Supplies needed for the seminar
Flight Computer (Jeppesen or equivalent),
Regular calculator (with square root function).
All materials ordered will be Expedite Posted to you once you are registered (please allow a week for delivery of books and notes). Please allow enough time for shipping. Please note: We do not stock A.I.M.s at any of our the seminar locations.
- Review of Met theory and practical Met
- High altitude meteorology, jetstreams, turbulence, thunderstorms, airborne weather radar and wind shear
- Basic and advanced radio aids including VOR, ADF, DME, INS, IRS/FMS, GPS, EFIS and TCAS, CARs, CARs’ standards and air carrier operations
- Advanced aircraft systems including gas turbine engines, flight controls, hydraulics, braking systems, pressurization and electrical systems
- Basic and high speed aerodynamics,Advanced navigation including PNR and CP
- Weight and balance, practical exercises and air carrier procedures
- Aircraft performance during take-off, cruise and landings and associated charts and tables
Recommended reference material
AeroCourse does have certain additional recommended reference materials available for purchase. See Books for more information or call our toll-free line to enquire on prices.
If, for some unforeseen reason, you are unable to attend the seminar, your payment is transferable to another date provided notification is received 48 hours in advance of seminar commencement. Payments will be retained and held on file for one year from original registration for onhold registrations, while you select a new seminar date. Method of payment includes VISA, Mastercard or Paypal. If you do not cancel your registration or reschedule, you are responsible for the full payment of the course. Seminar fees are non-refundable.
ATPL 5th Edition workbook updates/corrections
Page 1-2 Question #7 answer b
Page 1-2 Question # 8 answer b
Page 2-6 Question # 31 answer b
Page 3-21 Question # 39 answer a
Page 3-41 Question # 67 answer a or b (both are correct)