INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect falls into three categories: (1) information we collect from you; (2) information we collect when you use our Services; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU. We collect information about you whenever you use our Services. Examples of using our Services include visiting or making purchases on our website, creating an AeroCourse profile, downloading the AeroCourse mobile application, and contacting AeroCourse customer service. The information you give us may include your first and/or last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, IP address and any other information you provide us.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES. When you use our Services, we may collect information about the Services you use and how you use them. We do this to ensure that we are offering you the best products and services in a secure environment, and as part of our efforts to constantly improve your experience. In this process, we may collect and use your personal information relating to your purchasing trends at AeroCourse, and technical details about your browser and mobile device use (e.g., whether you are using a tablet or smartphone to visit our websites) or viewing and usage trends in order to analyze and offer you the most appropriate products and services.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES. We also collect information that is publicly available, to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to process your purchases of products and services;
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts, and programs;
- to respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- to post your comments or statements on our websites and social media platforms;
- to send you customized special offers, including through email and social media platforms;
- to inform you about our products, services, events, and other promotional purposes;
- to maintain and improve our sites and the products and services we offer;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- When We Work with Service Providers – We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, postal mail processing and delivery, and analytical services. We require the companies to refrain from using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
- When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests – We may disclose your information if the disclosure is required by law, the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of AeroCourse, our customers or our partners.
- When We Share with Other Companies for Marketing Purposes – We do not share with other companies for marketing purposes except we may share your information with service providers and social media platforms in order to develop customized advertising that offers you more relevant products and services.
- When the Information Does Not Identify You – We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
- When You Post on Our Websites and Social Media Platforms – If you post information on one of our social media platforms or websites, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors, including your post information and your username.
- When We Work on Business Transactions – If we become involved with a transaction involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, telephone calls, and mailings by informing us of your preference at the time you sign up for an AeroCourse mailing list, when contacting our customer service team by phone, modifying your promotional preferences online, adjusting your text and notification preferences in your mobile device’s settings or by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
Alternatively, you may let us know that you do not wish to receive some or all of these promotional communications by emailing or writing to us at the addresses provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications, including emails about your course or purchases.
ACCESSING OR CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right, under certain circumstances, to access and correct information we hold about you. Any such access request must be in writing and provided to us at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Any such access request may be subject to a small statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, where permitted by applicable law.
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you want to cancel or delete your account, you may do so in writing at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services, such as product returns or warranties. If you ask us to delete your account, we generally retain and use your account information only as long as necessary to fulfill a business or law enforcement need.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
AeroCourse makes reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information you provide is maintained in a secure environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, AeroCourse cannot warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us or from our on-line services, and you do so at your own risk.
AeroCourse has implemented and maintains reasonable and appropriate security measures, procedures, and practices to protect against the loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure of your personal information while it is in our custody or under our control. For example, we use SSL encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, and system security monitoring.
We also limit access to your personal information to those employees, contractors and agents who have a business need to know.
STORING AND PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
USE BY MINORS
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not use our Services, and if you are over the age of thirteen (13) but under the age of majority in the province in which you reside, you should use our Services with the involvement and permission of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
AeroCourse website may contain links to other third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. AeroCourse neither owns nor controls these third-party websites and assumes no responsibility for the information practices of those websites. You should inform yourself with the privacy policies (if any) of those third-party websites.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. You may contact AeroCourse to ask a privacy question or correct personal information found in your AeroCourse profile on our website, databases, or mobile application. You can contact us by mail at AeroCourse:
PO Box 30001
478 Dundas Street West
Oakville, Ontario L6H 7L8
or by email at email@example.com
Last Update: May 4, 2023