Choose the right approach for your ATPL/IATRA exam preparation requirements
This three day seminar is designed to show pilots all the aspects of the ATPL/IATRA license. The curriculum is complete and provides a solid foundation on regulations, advanced aircraft systems, meteorology and Air Carrier procedures. It is not only intended to help students prepare for the ATPL SAMRA and SARON exams, but provide pilots with the knowledge framework air carrier’s expect of today’s ATPL/IATRA pilot. We regularly canvass the air carriers to ensure our material is on the mark. This seminar is also recommended as a refresher to pilots wishing to upgrade their skills.
To compliment the AeroCourse ATPL Ground School Seminar and provide enhanced learning to participants, we have included two new self-study online courses:
- CRM (Crew Resource Management) online course: a communications course that assists an individual to achieve the highest possible level of safety and efficiency whether operating alone or in a multi-crew environment.
- CFIT (Controlled Flight Into Terrain) online course: provides a comprehensive look at resources and strategies involved in avoiding and preventing CFIT accidents.
These two separate online courses further enhance a pilot’s safety, performance and professionalism.
Both online courses can be completed at your own pace within the activation time-frame and are not necessary to be completed prior to the seminar. Each online lesson is able to be reviewed a total of two (2) times. You will have 120 days to complete all the lessons from receipt of the activation code. One (1) Activation code will be emailed upon registration of the ATPL Ground School Seminar giving the student access to both online courses.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday 0900 to 1730
ATPL Workbook (5th edition) , ATPL study-guide and Met book included in price. Other supplies needed for the seminar are: AIM, Flight Computer (Jeppesen or equivalent), regular calculator (with square root function).
- Review of Met theory and practical Met
- High altitude meteorology, jetstreams, turbulence, thunderstorms, airborne weather radar and wind shear
- Basic and advanced radio aids including VOR, ADF, DME, INS, IRS/FMS, GPS, EFIS and TCAS, CARs, CARs’ standards and air carrier operations
- Advanced aircraft systems including gas turbine engines, flight controls, hydraulics, braking systems, pressurization and electrical systems
- Basic and high speed aerodynamics,Advanced navigation including PNR and CP
- Weight and balance, practical exercises and air carrier procedures
- Aircraft performance during take-off, cruise and landings and associated charts and tables
Recommended reference material
AeroCourse does have certain additional recommended reference materials available for purchase. See Books for more information or call our toll-free line to enquire on prices.
If, for some unforeseen reason, you are unable to attend the seminar, your payment is transferable to another date provided notification is received 48 hours in advance of seminar commencement. Payments will be retained and held on file for one year from original registration for onhold registrations, while you select a new seminar date. Method of payment includes VISA, Mastercard or Paypal. If you do not cancel your registration or reschedule, you are responsible for the full payment of the course. Seminar fees are non-refundable.